Policy & Procedures
Welcome to our home. We hope you enter as our guest, but leave as our family.
COVID-19 Safety: Our historic Gillis Grier Bed & Breakfast is licensed and inspected to assure the highest standards of cleanliness and the safety of our guests and staff continues to be our top priority. Our small size also helps to further limit the risk of exposure since there are no crowds. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional health and safety measures to help keep our guests safe.
- Cleaning: We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting/sanitizing our rooms, common spaces and private areas of our Inn, to our already high cleanliness standard, particularly high touch areas such as door handles, railings, furniture, fixtures, light switches, trash cans, room keys, and other items you may use such as hairdryer, hangers, and iron. To allow for these increased cleaning measures, check in times may be subject to changes.
- We are using COVID 19 approved cleaning products.
- Launder using CDC approved settings, including the use of chlorine bleach.
- Change shower curtains between guests.
- Remove all marketing materials, pen and paper from guest rooms and non-disposable items from the guest room between each guest.
- Hand sanitizers are available in each guest room and shared common rooms.
- Your hosts will wear protective vinyl gloves, face coverings, while respecting appropriate social distances.
Reservation and Cancellation Policies: Due to the small number of rooms we have, cancellations and shortened stays can affect us greatly.
- There is a $25.00 plus tax cancelation/change fee.
- No refunds for reservations canceled within 14 days or less (with exception of Holiday reservations).
- No refunds for early departures.
- All holidays require 30-day advance cancellation period.
Minimum stays requirements:
- Weekdays (Monday–Thursday): 1 night minimum.
- Weekends (Friday-Sunday): 2 nights minimum
- Holidays (Memorial Day, Labor Day): 3 nights minimum stay and a 30-day advance cancellation period is required.
Occupancy rates: Occupancy rates are for one or two guests only Some of our rooms can accommodate an additional guest with a rollaway cot. Please call to reserve cot. An additional fee of $10.00 per night will be collected at check-in.
Smoking & Fire safety:
- We are 100% a smoke free home. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on property.
- Smoke/carbon detectors are in every room.
- In the event of Fire or Emergency, please call 911 and exit building immediately. Exit doors are located in all rooms on 1st floor, but in an extreme emergency, each suite has a 3 story window fire escape ladder located in each closet. Second floor has additional servant staircase for additional exit.
- Fire extinguishers are located in hallway on every floor.
Children & Pets: Children must be supervised at all times. No pets allowed.
Owner’s Rights: The Gillis Grier Bed & Breakfast is privately owned and operated. Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. The Gillis Grier Bed & Breakfast will not be responsible for guest accidents or injury, or for the loss of money, jewelry, or valuables of any kind.
Property Issues: Any damages, stolen items, or broken items occurring during the stay will be the full financial responsibility of the guest, including anyone traveling with the guest. Any special clean-up resulting in damages caused by the guests will be charged to the credit card. Charges may need to be applied after guest departure as deemed necessary by the Owner/Innkeeper. Please report all spills and/or damages to the Innkeeper promptly.
Feedback: Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.
Thank you for staying with us in our home ~ Charleen and John